Kolab Intermediate 2.4 Release

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Wed May 9 14:30:31 CEST 2012

On 2012-05-09 13:15, Heiner Markert wrote:
> With C locale, I got error messages during the mysql-part (a few
> steps later than in the above post). Unfortunately, my terminal
> buffer
> wasn't large enough to hold the errors, and with a second run of
> setup-kolab, it fails during "Kolab Service"-step.

I would need a bit more detail on what happens here exactly, perhaps
with a -d 9 command-line option (capture output with "setup-kolab -d 9
2>&1 | tee setup-kolab.log" for example), but I can say this:
setup-kolab isn't as robust in that it blindly attempts to execute a
series of actions whether they have been performed or attempted before.

So, if the 389 LDAP server setup succeeds, a subsequent run of
setup-kolab should not include the ldap component. See 'setup-kolab
help' for a list of components.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--