Outlook +Bynari and shared calendar items duplicating

Alexander Haensch alexander.haensch at ipc.uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Apr 20 14:08:35 CEST 2012

Am Freitag, 20. April 2012, 09:58:20 schrieben Sie:
> Is anyone else seeing this problem? On publically shared calendars and I
> can get dozens of duplicates and users get very annoyed.
>
> Bynari are usually very helpful but in this case they have claimed it is
> a result of simultaneous editing of the same calendar item. I know this
> is not the case. I would have to line up 20 users and conduct them like
> an orchestra to achieve this.
>
> All antivirus options that affect Outlook and email have been turned
> off. I use Eset Nod32.
>
> It seems worse with Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2010.
>
> I've tried everything I can think of and I'm looking for ideas. I'm
> still running 2.2.4

Bynari is using a LocalCache.ost file in the users Home Directory. Normally we
delete that file, if something went wrong. We see this behavior sometimes, that
the localcache is not in sync with the kolab server and not healing itself.
Bynari released a new connector version a few days ago, maybe they fixed some
issues. On our side we think that Outlook 2010 is more stable than Outlook
2003, because they changed the .OST file format.

BTW. We see the same thing with the z-push cache, sometimes. I think it is
very difficult to maintain a correct cachefile.