Outlook +Bynari and shared calendar items duplicating

Shawn Walker swalker at bynari.net
Fri Apr 20 16:56:48 CEST 2012

Hello Neil,

This is Shawn Walker from Bynari, Inc. Which version of Outlook Connector are you using?  As of
4.1.1, Outlook Connector is now using the UID of the event, contacts, tasks, notes, etc for the
RFC822 message.  Whenever Outlook Connector need to update the event, it will look for the UID in
the subject and will delete that event.

As for the simultaneous editing, Outlook Connector has no way of know who is opening and saving the
message (e-mail, calendar, contacts, etc), Outlook always like to update its own information to save
in the message as well third-party add-ons for Outlook.

Regards,
Shawn

On 4/20/2012 2:58 AM, Neil Price wrote:
> Is anyone else seeing this problem? On publically shared calendars and I
> can get dozens of duplicates and users get very annoyed.
>
> Bynari are usually very helpful but in this case they have claimed it is
> a result of simultaneous editing of the same calendar item. I know this
> is not the case. I would have to line up 20 users and conduct them like
> an orchestra to achieve this.
>
> All antivirus options that affect Outlook and email have been turned
> off. I use Eset Nod32.
>
> It seems worse with Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2010.
>
> I've tried everything I can think of and I'm looking for ideas. I'm
> still running 2.2.4

Shawn Walker
Senior Software Developer
swalker at bynari.net