Problems with Horde Interface after upgrade from 2.2.4 to 2.3.2

Mike Brady mike.brady at devnull.net.nz
Mon Jun 6 19:47:26 CEST 2011

Quoting Christoph Wickert <wickert at kolabsys.com>:

> On Monday 06 June 2011 08:37:28 Mike Brady wrote:
>> I spoke too soon when I said that Calendars were the only problem in
>> my earlier email.
>>
>> The Horde interface seems to have a number of problems:
>> 1) The mode option on the login screen is no longer available.
>
> We disabled it because we only want to support one view. To get it back, add
>
> $conf['user']['select_view'] = true;
>
> to /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/webclient-imp_conf.php.template. For more info
> refer to /kolab/var/kolab/www/client/imp/config/conf.d/10-kolab_conf_base.php

I can understand that.  I have been using the Dynamic view and that is
what I got after the upgrade.  Is that the intended view or is this
part of the problem?

>> 2) All (I think) option settings made in the Horde interface are not
>> carried over in the upgrade.  For example language, timezone and date
>> format settings.  This may explain some of the issues with Calendars
>> in my earlier email.
>
> Where did you store these settings? I suggest to only change files from
> /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/webclient-*. kolabconf will then copy the files to
> one of the conf.d directories under /kolab/var/kolab/www/client/.
>
> Do not change files owned by the rpm packages, these changes will get lost on
> an upgrade. Look into the config files and copy the setting you want
> to change
> to one of the templates.

All the settings that I am talking about were made through the Horde
Options menu.  Specifically the ones mentioned are on Options->Global
Options->Locale and Time.  I do not know where they are stored, but I
had expected them to be carried over.

Same with the Remote Calendars that I had subscribed to.  This was
done with Calendars->Manage Calendars->Subscribe to Remotes Calendar.

>> Also z-push isn't working, but that may well be due to above.
>
> What does "isn't working" mean exactly? Did you try the troubleshooting from
> http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Z_push#Test_of_the_configuration

Given the other issues that I experienced I did not investigate this.
I tried a sync from my phone and it reported that it had failed.  I
only mentioned in case it gave some insight into the other issues.
Also the Wiki was down at the time.

Thanks

Mike