Problems with Horde Interface after upgrade from 2.2.4 to 2.3.2

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Mon Jun 6 15:50:13 CEST 2011

On Monday 06 June 2011 08:37:28 Mike Brady wrote:
> I spoke too soon when I said that Calendars were the only problem in
> my earlier email.
>
> The Horde interface seems to have a number of problems:
> 1) The mode option on the login screen is no longer available.

We disabled it because we only want to support one view. To get it back, add

$conf['user']['select_view'] = true;

to /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/webclient-imp_conf.php.template. For more info
refer to /kolab/var/kolab/www/client/imp/config/conf.d/10-kolab_conf_base.php

> 2) All (I think) option settings made in the Horde interface are not
> carried over in the upgrade.  For example language, timezone and date
> format settings.  This may explain some of the issues with Calendars
> in my earlier email.

Where did you store these settings? I suggest to only change files from
/kolab/etc/kolab/templates/webclient-*. kolabconf will then copy the files to
one of the conf.d directories under /kolab/var/kolab/www/client/.

Do not change files owned by the rpm packages, these changes will get lost on
an upgrade. Look into the config files and copy the setting you want to change
to one of the templates.

> Also z-push isn't working, but that may well be due to above.

What does "isn't working" mean exactly? Did you try the troubleshooting from
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Z_push#Test_of_the_configuration

Regards,
Christoph

--