Problems with Horde Interface after upgrade from 2.2.4 to 2.3.2

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Tue Jun 7 09:29:00 CEST 2011

On Monday 06 June 2011 19:47:26 Mike Brady wrote:
> Quoting Christoph Wickert <wickert at kolabsys.com>:
> > On Monday 06 June 2011 08:37:28 Mike Brady wrote:
> >> I spoke too soon when I said that Calendars were the only problem in
> >> my earlier email.
> >>
> >> The Horde interface seems to have a number of problems:
> >> 1) The mode option on the login screen is no longer available.
> >
> > We disabled it because we only want to support one view. To get it back,
> > add
> >
> > $conf['user']['select_view'] = true;
> >
> > to /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/webclient-imp_conf.php.template. For more
> > info refer to
> > /kolab/var/kolab/www/client/imp/config/conf.d/10-kolab_conf_base.php
>
> I can understand that.  I have been using the Dynamic view and that is
> what I got after the upgrade.  Is that the intended view or is this
> part of the problem?

This is intended. Dimp is default, imp is considered legacy and needs to be
explicitly activated.

> >> 2) All (I think) option settings made in the Horde interface are not
> >> carried over in the upgrade.  For example language, timezone and date
> >> format settings.  This may explain some of the issues with Calendars
> >> in my earlier email.
> >
> > Where did you store these settings? I suggest to only change files from
> > /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/webclient-*. kolabconf will then copy the
> > files to one of the conf.d directories under
> > /kolab/var/kolab/www/client/.
> >
> > Do not change files owned by the rpm packages, these changes will get
> > lost on an upgrade. Look into the config files and copy the setting you
> > want to change
> > to one of the templates.
>
> All the settings that I am talking about were made through the Horde
> Options menu.  Specifically the ones mentioned are on Options->Global
> Options->Locale and Time.  I do not know where they are stored, but I
> had expected them to be carried over.
>
> Same with the Remote Calendars that I had subscribed to.  This was
> done with Calendars->Manage Calendars->Subscribe to Remotes Calendar.

Frankly speaking I have no idea either, but I'll have Gunnar looking into
that.

> >> Also z-push isn't working, but that may well be due to above.
> >
> > What does "isn't working" mean exactly? Did you try the troubleshooting
> > from http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Z_push#Test_of_the_configuration
>
> Given the other issues that I experienced I did not investigate this.
> I tried a sync from my phone and it reported that it had failed.  I
> only mentioned in case it gave some insight into the other issues.

Ok, please follow the instructions in the wiki and let us know if you have
problems.

> Also the Wiki was down at the time.

Yes, unfortunately we ave having some infrastructure problems from time to
time. If this happens again, the fastest was to reach us is IRC. Ping me
(cwickert) in #kolab on freenode.net.

Thanks,
Christoph

--