what are the correct magic_quotes settings in Kolab

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at kolabsys.com
Thu Sep 9 11:20:14 CEST 2010

Zitat von Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie>:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 03 Sep 2010, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>
>> The most important question for me is: Do you or Gavin have any
>> *.new or *old
>> files around in /kolab/etc?
>
> No.  My memory is hazy to be honest but if there were a file with that
> name, would I get a warning or error?  This might provoke me to remove
> them or move them out of the way.  Sorry, I might be wrong on that, but I
> have a hazy recollection of something like that.

Maybe this section of the 1st.README applies:

If you have made changes to configuration files or an updated package
includes configuration files which are usually regenerated from files
in /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/ the old configuration file will be saved
with the extension .rpmsave.  For files generated from templates you
just have to remove the rpmsave file, because services will refuse to
start if there still is an rpmsave file, e.g.:

# rm /kolab/etc/clamav/*.conf.rpmsave

For other changed files (e.g. the template files themselves) you may
want to transfer your changes from the .rpmsave backup to the new files.

> I can definitely say that I have edited php.ini.  I had issues with the PHP
> max memory size so we upped it.

Still the installation should create the newer php.ini.template and
move your edits of the template into php.ini.template.rpmsave.

If you did however copy the *.rpmsave over to the newer
php.ini.template then the newer settings would have get lost. If you
edit configuration templates then an upgrade will usually mean that a
manual merge is necessary.

Cheers,

Gunnar

> Gavin