SOLVED (or work arround) Re: distribution lists - service unavailable. Command output: Delivery to some recipients failed, code 550

Liutauras Adomaitis liutauras at infosaitas.lt
Thu Aug 2 20:02:29 CEST 2007

I think I solved this issue.
I use Mandriva 2007.1 Spring and Kolab installed from rpms from this release
of Mandriva. Using postmap -q dl at domain.com -v
ldap:/etc/postfix/ldapdistlist.cf command I found that postfix is getting dl
email and all the member emails from ldap.
http://www.postfix.org/ldap_table.5.html has a lot of info about ldapmaping.
What I did is change ldapdistlist.cf file:
- result_attribute = mail
+ result_attribute = uid
This will work if ldap has emails in uid attribute for members of DL is
referring. I found one member having only %u part of email, changed it to
email, since everybody else had emails in mail and uid attributes. Everything
worked - sending email to DL doesn't bounce and all the members get emails
(atleast internal members). I even could comment
kolabmailboxfilter_destination_recipient_limit = 1
(see my previous posts).

Mandriva ships with postfix 2.3.8. I found out, that postfix 2.4 has
terminal_result_attribute
leaf_result_attribute
parameters for ldap mapping. They are not defined in my Kolab from Mandriva.
These parameters can solve this issue more gently, since with them you can
restrict postfix to use result_attribute value only from recursive ldap
search (as I understood it). I didn't test it because I need newer postfix
for that. Somebody could tell if it is true.

Maybe somebody can comment something about it. Is it Mandriva kolab problem or
is it problem in general?

Liutauras
--

Technikos Direktorius