SOLVED (or work arround) Re: distribution lists - service unavailable. Command output: Delivery to some recipients failed, code 550

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Aug 6 16:18:29 CEST 2007

On Thursday 02 August 2007 20:02, Liutauras Adomaitis wrote:
> I think I solved this issue.
> I use Mandriva 2007.1 Spring and Kolab installed from rpms from this
> release of Mandriva.

So you are not using Kolab Server/OpenPKG?

> Using postmap -q dl at domain.com -v
> ldap:/etc/postfix/ldapdistlist.cf command I found that postfix is getting
> dl email and all the member emails from ldap.
> http://www.postfix.org/ldap_table.5.html has a lot of info about
> ldapmaping. What I did is change ldapdistlist.cf file:
> - result_attribute = mail
> + result_attribute = uid
> This will work if ldap has emails in uid attribute for members of DL is
> referring. I found one member having only %u part of email, changed it to
> email, since everybody else had emails in mail and uid attributes.

It is okay in general to have uid != primary email address,
so this is not a general solution for a Kolab Server.

> Everything worked - sending email to DL doesn't bounce and all the members
> get emails (atleast internal members). I even could comment
> kolabmailboxfilter_destination_recipient_limit = 1
> (see my previous posts).
>
> Mandriva ships with postfix 2.3.8. I found out, that postfix 2.4 has
> terminal_result_attribute
> leaf_result_attribute
> parameters for ldap mapping.

We might want to check these setting for Kolab Server 2.2 as
the OpenPKG version comes with postfix 2.4.3.

> They are not defined in my Kolab from
> Mandriva. These parameters can solve this issue more gently, since with
> them you can restrict postfix to use result_attribute value only from
> recursive ldap search (as I understood it). I didn't test it because I need
> newer postfix for that. Somebody could tell if it is true.
>

> Maybe somebody can comment something about it. Is it Mandriva kolab problem
> or is it problem in general?

Depends on which Kolab Server version you have gotten. :)
I guess Kolab Server/OpenPKG 2.2beta1 will have this problem.
Therefore I have just created a new issue:
kolab/issue1893 (distributionslists expanded including its own email address)

Bernhard