SOLVED (partially) Re: distribution lists - service unavailable. Command output: Delivery to some recipients failed, code 550

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Aug 2 13:06:28 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 01 August 2007 17:45, Liutauras Adomaitis wrote:
>  I changed kolabmailboxfilter_destination_recipient_limit = 1
> in the postfix main.cf file and postfix is sending 1 message at a time to
> kolabmailboxfilter, so kolabmailboxfilter delivers email to DL members
> except for distributionlist at domain.com.
>
> So my question is - why kolab wants to send email also to
> distributionlist at domain.com. I expect it to send email to all emails in DL,
> but not to DL email itself?

Your expectation is correct  so I ask myself the same question.

> It seems to me, that postfix is misconfigured. It should not return DL
> email to the kolabmailboxfilter, but only emails of DL members.

Yes. We need to inquire what is going wrong.
For this please state your precise Kolab Server version again,
give the relevant part of the DL LDAP objects
and try to track a message to the distribution list through the various log
files (e.g. for postfix, amavisd, resmgr, kolab*filer).

I have not heard of the problems in our tests so far,
so I expect it to be a configuration issue.

Best,
Bernhard