P.O. Boxes etc

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Sep 12 09:43:20 CEST 2006

Hi Joon,

On Monday 11 September 2006 19:46, Joon Radley wrote:
> Outlook contacts can have 3 addresses stored of type business, home, other,
> with the option to set an address as a mailing address. The last option to
> indicate that the address is a mailing address was never incorporated in
> the original Kolab-XML as it was not supported by older clients.
>
> As for free-form addresses, this is not really supported by Outlook. A lot
> of plug-ins for mass mailing, CRM, etc. uses the fields.
>
> What we can do is add the "This is a mailing address" option to the current
> "<address>" structure, or you can create a custom field that Outlook/Toltec
> will preserve, but ignore.

I am probably missing something:
Where would an Outlook save an "P.O. Box" information now?
To me this looks like Till and you were slightly speaking about two different
things. You worte about marking an address as postal mailing address.
Is this important to be able to save "P.O Box" information in Outlook?

Bernhard