P.O. Boxes etc

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Tue Sep 12 13:14:30 CEST 2006

Hi Bernhard,

> I am probably missing something:
> Where would an Outlook save an "P.O. Box" information now?
> To me this looks like Till and you were slightly speaking
> about two different things. You worte about marking an
> address as postal mailing address.
> Is this important to be able to save "P.O Box" information in Outlook?

A) It is part of the contact information. If you want to send your contact a
snail mail, you can just get the address from the contact object.
B) Some CRM and mail merging applications can use the Outlook contacts. This
is why the field ("This is a mailing address") was introduced.

In Outlook there are 3 address slots and you can mark any of them as a
postal address.

Best regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC