Https and Kolab/Roundcube Files

Amritpal Gill agill at hayachi.com
Thu Jan 12 15:24:57 CET 2023

Hey everyone,

I've been trying for a little while now and on-paper after using certbot
to grab an SSL, it should be as straightforward as running:

sed -i -e "s/http:/https:/" /etc/roundcubemail/kolab_files.inc.php

as per:
https://sleeplessbeastie.eu/2014/07/08/kolab-ssl-certificate-authentication-web-based-interface/

Now this doesn't work, I'm still getting an 'invalid session' error when
accessing the URL externally but it works fine using the internal IP
address. Unfortunately I'm finding little by way of documentation and on
platforms such as Spiceworks people have little knowledge on the matter
either.

I'm thinking of hiring a technical author to document some of this, get
involved in the project, but in the interim I'm keen to get this working
for us. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction on this?

--
Warm regards,

Amritpal Gill

E agill at hayachi.com | T +44 (0)2039 257 909 | M +44 (0)7540 805 359 | W