New mailing list and online documentation

Jochen Kellner jochen at jochen.org
Tue May 31 20:52:36 CEST 2022

Hello,

Mads Petersen <petersen at apheleia-it.ch> writes:

> Right now kolab16 is stuck on RHEL/CentOS 7, and that will most
> probably not change. We are however aware of the age of these
> platforms, and we are brewing on the upgrade scenario from Kolab16 to
> the new Kolab format (kolab 4).

Right now on OBS we also have Debian and Ubuntu packages (also
aged). Due to longer release cycles I currently prefer Debian (instead
of Fedora) to run my Kolab server on. Let's see how this works out.

The certificate on obs.kolabsys.com is expired. Can we get a renewed
certificate? On my public facing system I use letsencrypt and am happy
with it.

> A very very preliminary migration procedure;
>
> Make a test system with fedora 35 (that's our reference at the moment)
> clone https://git.kolab.org/source/kolab.git on to your workstation
> Make changes to ansible/Makefile and ansible/hosts so that they point
> at the fedora 35 host
> Run make setup on your workstation

The git repository looks like it deploys kolab in docker containers. For
setup tests that seems useful, but for long lived services I currently
prefer a regular VM (but besides simple tests I've not used docker at
all).

> Stay tuned.

Will do - nice to see what's moving now.

Jochen

--
This space is intentionally left blank.