New mailing list and online documentation

Carpenter, Troy troy at carpenter.cx
Thu May 19 17:20:21 CEST 2022

Mads,

Thanks you for your email.  Like others I've been a little concerned
about the future of Kolab.  I've been running Kolab since the v1 days,
and today my system is still running Kolab 16 on a Centos 7 server.
Fortunately, everything still works and I try to avoid "poking the bear"
as they say for fear it will stop working and my home users will lose
access to their data.

I have dabbled with other groupware servers, but none provided the
end-user experience of Kolab and all would require painful migrations
for my users (and let's be real, I have about 10 users, all family
members).

What I'm looking for is clear direction on how to move my system to a
more current server in terms of the base OS for security, and the latest
Kolab code.  The biggest problem I've had in the past is that the Kolab
information on the 'net is all over the map and never clear to which
version it applies.

I'm looking forward to more info on the direction of Kolab.

Troy Carpenter