New mailing list and online documentation

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Sat Mar 19 15:20:10 CET 2022

HI Lennart,

On  Di 08 Mär 2022 15:07:11 CET, Lennart wrote:

> Dear Kolab community,
>
> Since a while ago the online docs have not been updated (T6055
> <https://git.kolab.org/T6055>) and the mailing list web site has
> been down (T6220 <https://git.kolab.org/T6220>). It does not look
> like Apheleia IT (the company that now runs Kolab) is interested in
> fixing this. Hence, it might be time to take matters in our own hands.
>
> I have uploaded the latest git version of the documentation to
> kolab.dlnet.org/docs <http://kolab.dlnet.org/docs/>.
>
> I started a new users mailing list that can be found here:
> kolab.dlnet.org/listserver <https://kolab.dlnet.org/listserver/>.
>
> Of course to revive the community much more would need to be done. I
> don't have much time to contribute substantially, but I hope that
> providing these vital services can be a starting point. Please let
> me know what you think.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Lennart

Thanks for the initiative. Would it make sense to move the whole
project's code to gitlab.com or some such?

If a project becomes unmaintained over time and people gather
somewhere else to ensure continuation of maintenance, I guess this
would not be a fork then technically. The original maintainers will be
welcome to continue their contributions, just at another place? Hmmm...

Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31