[Kolab-devel] New selfcontained packaging for roundcube and guam

Jochen Kellner jochen at jochen.org
Mon Jun 13 15:20:22 CEST 2022

Hello Christian,

Christian Mollekopf <mollekopf at apheleia-it.ch> writes:

> To reduce packaging effort on new platforms roundcubemail and guam
> have been turned into selfcontained packages that we'll use going
> forward.
> You may already have noticed this if you are using the Kolab:16 repository directly from the OBS.
>
> For roundcube that means that roundcubemail-1.5.2 replaces:
> * roundcubemail-plugins-*
> * roundcubemail-skins-*

> I tried making sure that all package managers automatically upgrade to
> the new packages, but it's of course possible that I missed some
> upgrade scenarios that could be solved better, help is welcome.

On debian 10 I had an error removing roundcubemail (sorry, I'm using a
german locale):

Entfernen von roundcubemail-core (1:1.4.13-0~kolab2) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/roundcubemail-core.prerm: 11: /var/lib/dpkg/info/roundcubemail-core.prerm: reload_apache: not found
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten des Paketes roundcubemail-core (--remove):
 »installiertes roundcubemail-core-Skript des Paketes pre-removal«-Unterprozess gab den Fehlerwert 127 zurück
dpkg: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-notes: Abhängigkeitsprobleme, wird aber wie gefordert dennoch entfernt:
 roundcubemail-plugins-kolab hängt ab von roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-notes; aber:
  Paket roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-notes soll entfernt werden.

The error was - I removed the call and proceeded:
/var/lib/dpkg/info/roundcubemail-core.prerm: 11: /var/lib/dpkg/info/roundcubemail-core.prerm: reload_apache: not found

After that I sould run »apt --fix-broken install«, but there are some
missing dependencies:

 chwala : Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-libkolab
 irony : Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-libcalendaring (>= 3.1.12)
         Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-libkolab (>= 3.1.12)
 kolab-syncroton : Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-folders (>= 3.1.12)
                   Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-libcalendaring (>= 3.1.12)
                   Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-libkolab (>= 3.1.12)
                   Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-auth (>= 3.1.12)
 kolab-webclient : Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-contextmenu
                   Depends: roundcubemail-skin-kolab
 roundcubemail-core : Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-acl
                      Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-archive
                      Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-filesystem-attachments
                      Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-jqueryui
                      Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-newmail-notifier
                      Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-password
                      Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-redundant-attachments
                      Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-zipdownload
                      Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-managesieve
 roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-auth-proxy : Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-auth
 roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-delegation : Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-auth
                                         Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-libkolab
 roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-sso : Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-auth
 roundcubemail-plugins-kolab : Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-calendar
                               Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-activesync
                               Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-addressbook
                               Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-auth
                               Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-config
                               Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-files
                               Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-folders
                               Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-notes
                               Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-tags
                               Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-odfviewer
                               Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-pdfviewer
                               Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-tasklist

Debian packages can replace/provide package(name)s - may be a solution,
Or the packages should depend on roundcubemail instead of the
roundcubemail-plugin-* packages.

Thanks for working on the package updates.

Jochen

PS: Something other happens on my frankenstein webmail with
kolab/roundcube on Debian 11. I've removed all plugin-packages there and
left only the plain roundcubemail package (which works ok for
mail-only). With the new packages I get (not really unexpected - php on
debian 11 is newer):

root at styx:~# LANG=C apt -s install roundcubemail
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 php-kolab : Depends: libkolab2 (>= 2.0~dev20151230-0~kolab18) but it is not going to be installed
             Depends: libcalendaring (>= 4.9.1) but it is not going to be installed
             Depends: phpapi-20180731
 php-kolabformat : Depends: phpapi-20180731

This space is intentionally left blank.