Possible corruption in my imap spool?

Gelpi Andrea liste at gelpi.it
Fri Sep 25 09:32:45 CEST 2020

Il 24/09/20 19:53, Eric B Munson ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> For the past week or so I have seen really strange behavior from K9 Mail
> on my phone when accessing my email.  The poll for new messages seems to
> take for ever and occasionally times out.  I don't see anything odd in
> my logs except for the following entry:
>
> Sep 24 10:03:48 server imaps[6966]: IOERROR: reading message: unexpected
> end of file
>
> I don't have any indication of what is causing and search is turning up
> old bugs in Thunderbird when interacting with compressed streams.
>
> I have tried using the cyrus reconstruct tool to rebuild the data bases
> but this has not helped.  Using the Gmail app on the phone is more
> stable but it cannot seem to move messages to sub folders (specifically
> spam).
>
> Fetchmail seems to be completely unaffected.
>
> What else can I try?
>
> Regards,
> Eric

Hi,

I have the some problem but only when a sent message is been copied to
Sent folder. Sometimes the operation hangs. The problem arose after
upgrading Thunderbird to the last version 4 or 5 months ago.

I suspect the problem is in thunderbird, but as you wrote, I cannot
diagnose more nor find any useful information on the net.

Gelpi ing. Andrea