Possible corruption in my imap spool?

Eric B Munson emunson at mgebm.net
Thu Sep 24 19:53:09 CEST 2020

Hi all,

For the past week or so I have seen really strange behavior from K9 Mail
on my phone when accessing my email.  The poll for new messages seems to
take for ever and occasionally times out.  I don't see anything odd in
my logs except for the following entry:

Sep 24 10:03:48 server imaps[6966]: IOERROR: reading message: unexpected
end of file

I don't have any indication of what is causing and search is turning up
old bugs in Thunderbird when interacting with compressed streams.

I have tried using the cyrus reconstruct tool to rebuild the data bases
but this has not helped.  Using the Gmail app on the phone is more
stable but it cannot seem to move messages to sub folders (specifically
spam).

Fetchmail seems to be completely unaffected.

What else can I try?

Regards,
Eric