Kolab 16 Community on Buster, Debian 10 ?

Matthias Busch catwiesel at gmx.net
Thu Jan 23 10:04:23 CET 2020

Hey,

thanks for the reply.

And I saw your post. But, it leaves some room for interpretation.

What did switch mean? Upgrade a existing Debian 9 to 10? New install?
The source being
http://obs.kolabsys.com/repositories/Kolab:/16/Debian_9.0/ ? Or
Debian_10.0 ?

Seeing as the Installation Guide
(https://docs.kolab.org/installation-guide/index.html) does not list
Debian 10, its either undocumented, or unfinished, or just
"experimental" and possibly prone to failures.

And this is kinda what I ment. When will it be ready, as in, being
entered into the installation guide, or at the very least, be
"officially" supported, even if the installation guide is not yet
updated to reflect that.

And for the other readers. I ran my own test yesterday.

- http://obs.kolabsys.com/repositories/Kolab:/16/Debian_10.0/  seems to work
- there were no issues running apt install kolab
- no issues running setup-kolab (except a small error due to some
process running, which already existed a few years back and didnt seem
to matter then)
- after the kolab setup, due to pre-configured ssl (and missing
certificates), cyrus wont start - which can cause other smaller issues
until fixed, like "kolab lm" not working out of the box
- importing users via the ldif files works
- the new cyrus version has a different folder structure / default
folders, which needs to be accounted for when putting the data back - or
needs to be changed back in the imapd.conf
- also, in the imapd.conf, the ldap_server entry has been deprecated and
needs to be replaced by ldap_uri

futhermore
- importing debian8+kolab emails with the old folder structure (with the
appropriate change in imapd.conf) into new cyrus seems to work fine
- usage of existing main.cf, imapd.conf, kolab.conf seems to work with
no or minor issues

However, the system has not been tested, and has yet to be used as an
actual mail server, so take all with a grain of salt.