OS X can't fetch CardDAV contacts. (Josh)

Ed Huott ehuott at huott.org
Tue Jan 7 01:18:08 CET 2020

On 2019-12-26 08:00, users-request at lists.kolab.org wrote:

> Subject
> OS X can't fetch CardDAV contacts.
>
> From
> Josh <kolab.user at use.startmail.com>

> users at lists.kolab.org
>
> Date
> 2019-12-26 00:35
>
> Greetings,
>
> For last two or three years OS X can't fetch CardDAV contacts. Back 2015 it was working.
> Using curl commands described in https://code.blogs.iiidefix.net/posts/webdav-with-curl/ I can fetch all addressbook and individual entries just fine. iPhone CardDAV client  seems working with no problems as well.
> iRony console log, enabled in /etc/iRony/dav.inc.php, does not give definitive clues.
> MacOS addressbook initially comes up empty but when a test card is created it downloads small fraction of my address book entries and stops. Again, console log reflects the progress but does not explain why OS X stops fetching.
>
> Is it possible to tell iRony to dump all communications in order to compare them between iOS and OS X?
>
> Regards,
> Josh.

Hi Josh,

I've had similar (although maybe not quite the same) problems with
CardDAV/CalDAV accounts after Mac OS X upgrades in the past. (I'm now
running Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra).)

A solution that worked for me was to completely delete the associated
accounts in System Prefereneces > Internet Accounts and recreate them
from scratch. After that, Mac OS X started fetching my calendar and
contacts from the Kolab back end normally again.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ed