Missing "Warning! Your mail is not delivered for past ... hours"

Christoph Erhardt christoph.erhardt at sicherha.de
Wed Aug 19 18:35:34 CEST 2020

Hi Valentin,

the undelivered emails were probably not rejected but have piled up in your
Postfix delivery queue. Postfix will periodically retry to deliver the
contents of the queue. If the queue grows beyond a given maximum, old messages
are dropped.

As far as I'm aware, that's the default setting.

On my personal server, I have set up an Icinga check that alerts me via XMPP
whenever the mail queue exceeds a certain threshold. For obvious reasons, an
email notification doesn't suffice here... ;-)

Best,
Christoph