Missing "Warning! Your mail is not delivered for past ... hours"

Valentin Laskov laskov at festa.bg
Wed Aug 19 14:16:02 CEST 2020

Hello,

FYI

I installed experimental Kolab server on SSD disk and after troubles
with Cyrus-imap database files, cyrus-imapd was not running for two days.

As a sendmail user, I was expecting undelivered mail alerts. Sendmail
sends such messages to the sender every 4 hours by default. But nothing
like that. Postfix in my Kolab system receives letters from the remote
MTA and tries to deliver them to cyrus-imapd, which fails. During this
time, no alerts are sent to the sender.

Or it is a configuration issue?

Regards!
Valentin Laskov