Installing Kolab in a container

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 17:21:04 CEST 2019

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 4:42 PM Dashamir Hoxha <dashohoxha at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 4:17 PM Eric B Munson <emunson at mgebm.net> wrote:
>
>> Have you verified that the LDAP server is up and running in the
>> container?  The process you
>> are looking for is /usr/sbin/ns-slapd
>>

> You are right, there is no process ns-slapd running. But I don't know why,
> and how to start it. I tried `systemctl start dirsrv-admin` (which was not
> running), but this did not help, the same problem and the same error (while
> the status of dirsrv-admin is active/running).

I just tried `restart-dirsrv` and this solved the problem. Afterwards I
could login.
I think this may be a problem of setup scripts that do not create a service
for starting dirsrv properly. I may be able to create such a service myself
(unless somebody has any suggestion on how to do it properly).

Reference:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html/Configuration_and_Command-Line_Tool_Reference/Shell_Scripts.html#Shell_Scripts-restart_slapd_Restart_the_DS
)

Dashamir