Installing Kolab in a container

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 16:42:37 CEST 2019

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 4:17 PM Eric B Munson <emunson at mgebm.net> wrote:

> Have you verified that the LDAP server is up and running in the
> container?  The process you
> are looking for is /usr/sbin/ns-slapd

You are right, there is no process ns-slapd running. But I don't know why,
and how to start it. I tried `systemctl start dirsrv-admin` (which was not
running), but this did not help, the same problem and the same error (while
the status of dirsrv-admin is active/running).

> I am running Kolab on Ubuntu 18.04 but it was installed on 16.04 and
> then upgraded.  Things are working fine for me and I do not remember the
> upgrade causing issues.

I tried to install it and I get these error messages:
----------
 MySQL roundcube password [tCcTl_yxYQPvmSe]:
ERROR 1215 (HY000) at line 9: Cannot add foreign key constraint
ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 191: Table 'roundcube.system' doesn't exist
I checked that the database 'kolab' is not created. Maybe 18.04 has a
different version of mysql/mariadb, and the syntax has changed a bit. I
don't know where it can be fixed (line 9 and line 191).
Does this error show that nobody else has seriously tried to install Kolab
on ubuntu-18.04?

Dashamir