Moving accounts from Kolab 3 to Kolab 16

Hernan Saltiel hsaltiel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 03:43:14 CET 2018

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 4:37 AM Timotheus Pokorra <
pokorra.mailinglists at tbits.net> wrote:

> Hello Hernan,
>
> >     Another issue is that if I want to send emails from the account on
> > the new server to accounts on the old one, I just received an
> > "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" message.
> >
> >     Checked on the old server the kolabHomeServer, and on the new one
> > the same attribute (I do not see it on the new Kolab 16, was it
> > replaced for something else?).
>
> At TBits.net, we are not using kolabHomeServer, but we modify the
> postfix configuration, so that postfix knows of the other server.
> We do it on both servers.
>
> /etc/postfix/transport
> should contain a line like:
> mydomain.com                    smtp:[the_other_kolab.mycompany.com]:25
>
> /etc/postfix/transportrecipient
> should contain a line like:
> @mydomain.com OK
>
> then execute:
> postmap /etc/postfix/transport
> postmap /etc/postfix/transportrecipient
> systemctl reload postfix
>
> I hope this works for you!

Hi Timotheus!

First of all, thanks a lot for your indication.

I tried modifying those files, but Kolab looks as if it is not taking the
new configuration into account.

Maybe it's something about how ldap checks the needed files...I saw there
is a transport_maps.cf inside /etc/postfix/ldap, but looks a bit cryptic to
me.

I'm receiving something like this when trying to send emails to old server
users, from new server users:

Nov  8 23:43:55 postino postfix/submission/smtpd[8136]: connect from
localhost[::1]
Nov  8 23:43:56 postino postfix/submission/smtpd[8136]: NOQUEUE: reject: