kolab_smtp_access_policy and tables policy_result

Christoph Erhardt christoph.erhardt at sicherha.de
Tue Jun 19 12:28:20 CEST 2018

Hi Jan,

it looks like you have hit an artefact from the upgrade 3.4 -> 16. You
probably missed step 6 in the upgrade guide:
https://docs.kolab.org/upgrade-guide/kolab-16.html

The table schema is declared in Python using the SQLAlchemy mapper; you can
find it here:
https://git.kolab.org/diffusion/P/browse/master/bin/
kolab_smtp_access_policy.py;5ec8788dd436b342f160ad3dfcca634e68e65112$87

Since the policy_result table contains only temporary data, it should be safe
to drop it. The table will then be recreated automatically with the correct
schema.

Best regards,
Christoph

P.S.: There is an open bug related to the width of the address strings in the
policy_result table (https://git.kolab.org/T2274). The bugfix will probably
drop the table every time the pykolab package gets updated.