Replacement of domain name

Anders E anek0601 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 09:01:00 CEST 2018

Dear all,

I run a Kolab installation on a hosted server, which I would like to replace with a Kolab installation on a physical machine at home.

To try it out, I have made a fresh install of CentOS 7 and Kolab for a domain name that I am in possession of but that currently has no use. This setup worked as a charm.

Now I would like to use this setup for the domain name that I care about  (the one that is in use at the hosted server) where I see three ways to accomplish this:

1) Begin from scratch - Reinstall CentOS/Kolab on the physical machine and repeat the setup I did for the experimental domain name.

2) Keep the current CentOS/Kolab installation but replace the experimental domain name with the domain name that I care about.

3) Configure a multi-domain Kolab setup (something I have never succeeded in doing in the past :)

My preference would be 2), but the question is if it is possible and if so, how to do this replacement?

Many thanks in advance for any guidance on the above.

Anders