Kolab 16 and newer version of php than 5.4

Thomas Black thomas at krokodylci.cz
Sun Mar 26 12:49:13 CEST 2017

Hi,

so I end up with FastCGI.
I install php-fpm from distro repo and start a service to listen on unix
socket /var/run/php54-fpm.sock.
Also I install rh-php56-php-fpm from RH SCL and start a service to
listen on unix socket /var/run/php56-fpm.sock.

In Apache I can now configure different FastCGI server (firrst one is
php 5.4, second one is php 5.6) for any virtual host using:
<FilesMatch \.php$>
        SetHandler "proxy:unix:/var/run/php54-fpm.sock|fcgi://localhost"
</FilesMatch>
That is perfect.

For Kolab and all the stuff around Kolab I used /var/run/php54-fpm.sock
- php 5.4.

Almost everything working except:
- KolabDAV - iRony
- kolab-synchrotron - Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync

To be more specific - I can't login to one of these two services. When I
try it, the dialog window still show up again and again.
I try to login using mobile, browser, thunderbird (CalDAV or CardDAV
protocol). Still the same.
I found no errors in:
- httpd logs
- kolab-synchrotron logs
- dirsrv logs

What is strange, when I try to login it doesn't show up in dirsrv log.
So the service of Kolab don't ask LDAP server.
Whe I try to log into Kolab using IMAP or webmail (roundcubemail) it is
working as expected - I get in the mailbox. Using roundcube I can access
address book and calendar too.

These two things we are using pretty much. I need them to get working.

I am out of ideas. I spent several hours with that problem now and I
didn't find any clue.

Any hint will be appreciated.

Regards
Thomas