Kolab 16 and newer version of php than 5.4

Daniel Hoffend dh at dotlan.net
Fri Mar 24 14:52:49 CET 2017

Hi

The best way to maintain multiple php version is to configure your
apache/nginx/whatever to use php via cgi or php-fpm. Then you can
switch between php versions per hosting/virtualdomain. Of course
you've to maintain your own webserver configuration but that's
the best way to seperate php versions.

1) I personally prefer php-fpm over mod-php due to memory consumtion
speed and such

2) I also prefer to keep applications/services seperate on servers
or vms. If someone breaks into some random webapplication your
hopefully mission critical mail infrastructure isn't at risk. It
also makes upgrades easier because you don't have too many side
effects.

--
Regards
Daniel