Kolab 16 and newer version of php than 5.4

Thomas Black thomas at krokodylci.cz
Sun Mar 19 22:58:50 CET 2017

Hi,

thanks for answer.

I'm sorry, I forgot that redhat has still supporting php 5.4 because it
has in it's base repos. But even if the php 5.4 is supported by redhat,
I need for other applications on same server php version 5.6.

I know I can install php 5.6 on centos 7. I have remi repos installed.
But because of Kolab 16 and packages php-kolab and php-kolabformat,
there is dependency problem.
These packages are dependent on 5.4.

For example this is part of output from yum update php after I added
remi repos.
--------------------
Error: Package: php-kolab-2.0-1.11.el7.kolab_16.x86_64 (@Kolab_16)
           Requires: php(api) = 20100412-64
           Removing: php-common-5.4.16-42.el7.x86_64 (@base)
               php(api) = 20100412-64
           Updated By: php-common-5.6.30-1.el7.remi.x86_64 (remi-php56)
               php(api) = 20131106-64
           Available: php-common-5.4.45-13.el7.remi.x86_64 (remi)
               php(api) = 20100412-64
           Available: php-common-5.6.29-1.el7.remi.x86_64 (remi-php56)
               php(api) = 20131106-64

If can't figure out how to solve this.
When I try to update php package a get these errors (same for
php-kolabformat).
When I try to swap packages php and php56 then it would uninstall kolab.

Is it possible to upgrade to php 5.6 with Kolab 16?

I hope I describe it well to be understood.
Thanks

Thomas