Kolab installation successes

Jochen Hein jochen at jochen.org
Fri Mar 17 18:41:19 CET 2017

manganneau at gestranet.net writes:

> Hi,
>
> Le 16/03/2017 à 21:55, Geoff Nordli a écrit :

>> I will be deploying Kolab 16.1 on CentOS shortly.

I'm running Kolab 16.1 on Debian 8.

>> On the mailing list and community hub you only hear about all the things
>> not working.
>>
>> It would be great to hear some people's successes; especially geared
>> towards small business installations.

Works great for my users. Debian is missing manticore and possibly other
newer features, but we don't need that. Guam is disabled due to the
known errors. Users are happy with IMAP and webmail, and use the seafile
integration.

> - I have not started to secure my installation, but it seems that it
> is still not very easy to set, even with letsencrypt.

Using TLS almost everywhere is hard. You'll need certificates for https,
imap, ldap, and smtp (and possibly more). You don't want to have
connections to localhost, so you'll need to change lots of connection
strings in config. I'm still not finished for all client accesses...
I suggest tackling one protocol at a time and log unencrypted accesses
to find clients in need of configuration changes.

Jochen

--
This space is intentionally left blank.