Replicate ldap domains automatically

Jan Kowalsky jankow at datenkollektiv.net
Wed Dec 6 14:20:16 CET 2017

ok, found out so far:

Am 06.12.2017 um 13:15 schrieb Jan Kowalsky:
> Hi all,
>
> While the replication of the domain databases works in fact - this isn't
> true for the cn=kolab,cn=config tree. So the domain data are available
> but the domain itself (as associated domain) isn't known to kolab as
> long as we don't add it on the other ldap server manually.

> So probably it's necessary to replicate also the cn=kolab,cn=config
> tree. But actually I don't get this to work. Is it necessary to have
> ldap data of cn=kolab,cn=config in database instead of ldif in
> /etc/dirsrv/slapd-.../dse.ldif?

Yes this is the fact.

Here is written something about:
https://docs.kolab.org/deployment-guide/hosted-kolab-groupware-deployment.html?highlight=domain_base_dn#setting-a-domain-base-dn

So we have to change the domain_base_dn to a location which resides
inside the database. For example to ou=Domains,dc=example,dc=org if
example.org is our priary domain.

We just can take the objects from /etc/dirsrv/slapd-INSTANCE/dse.ldif
(with domainrelatedobject) and manipulate them for the new
ou=Domains,dc=example,dc=org instead of cn=kolab,cn=config

Now we have to configure postfix, cyrus, roundcube ... to use the new
domain_base_dn.

Anybody has some more hints what's important to consider?

Kind regards
Jan