Kolab 3.4 and Vacation autoresponder

Homer Dokes hdokes at mail.inct.net
Tue Aug 29 02:13:14 CEST 2017

Greetings,

After updating Kolab 3.4, through apt-get update, the vacation auto
responder is no longer available for that matter.  I should add that
prior to the update the feature never worked for responding to any
outside emails.  It only ever worked for email addresses that were local
to the server... .i.e. from the same domain.  Prior to the update there
was a pre-defined vacation option in the filters setup.  This is no
longer there.  Further, any attempt to create a new filter named
vacation and using the "Reply with message" execution on all messages
results in nothing happening.  I get no log feedback and no message is
sent back to the sender.

I can confirm that timsieved is running as I can perform 'telnet
localhost sieve' from the email server's command line and I do get a
connection.

When I set up the new filter and save I can see the output of the save
being logged during compiling in the /var/log/roundcubemail/sieve log
file.  That's the ONLY time anything ever gets logged related to sieve.

Can anyone speak to how auto replies for vacation purposes are suppose
to work in the Kolab 3.4 environment?  Anything I can find online is all
over the map and none of what I have found speaks to the kolab 3.4
environment specifically.  Shouldn't I be able see something logged from
Sieve when it's filters are executing?  How does Kolab tie Sieve into
cyrus to force the filter?

The server is running Debian 7.0 with the Kolab 3.4 community edition.

This is a huge issue for my clients and may force us to go to some other
email hosting system if we can not overcome it in Kolab.  Any assistance
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you