OSX iCal connection

kolab.user at use.startmail.com kolab.user at use.startmail.com
Fri May 6 02:08:42 CEST 2016

Several months ago there was a thread http://lists.kolab.org/pipermail/users/2015-October/020161.html with the same subject. Back in 4.3 time I had all working but neglected to write down required workarounds. Now, fresh in pristine Kolab_16, after following secure HOWTO and mulity domains HOWTO, iOS devices have no problems whatsoever however latest OSX is not working.

Instructions offered in https://kolabnow.com/clients/osx don't help.

If I use account type Automatic then in log file:

"PROPFIND /.well-known/carddav HTTP/1.1" 405 245
"PROPFIND / HTTP/1.1" 405 226
"PROPFIND /principals/ HTTP/1.1" 405 237

and "Unable to verify account name or password" error

If I use account type Manual and specify server address as mail.example.com/iRony the configuration dialog completes, in log file I see

"PROPFIND /iRony HTTP/1.1" 301 238
"PROPFIND /iRony/ HTTP/1.1" 401 291
user at example.com "PROPFIND /iRony/ HTTP/1.1" 207 637
user at example.com "OPTIONS /iRony/principals/kolab.user%40example.com/ HTTP/1.1" 200 -
user at example.com "PROPFIND /iRony/principals/kolab.user%40example.com/ HTTP/1.1" 207 1319
user at example.com "PROPFIND /iRony/addressbooks/kolab.user%40example.com/ HTTP/1.1" 207 3676
user at example.com "PROPFIND /.well-known/carddav HTTP/1.1" 405 245
user at example.com "PROPFIND / HTTP/1.1" 405 226
user at example.com "PROPFIND /principals/ HTTP/1.1" 405 237
user at example.com "PROPFIND /.well-known/carddav HTTP/1.1" 405 245

and contacts list is empty

If I use account type Advanced and specify full URL listed in Show CardDAV URL menu I don't see .well-known in server log but address book is still empty in Contacts application.

Has anyone able to get Contacts and Calendar working in latest OSX?