iRony not working with Centos 7/Kolab 3.5 Development

Carpenter, Troy troy at carpenter.cx
Mon Jan 4 21:19:42 CET 2016

Once again spending some time on this.

When I compare behavior on an older Kolab 3.4 system version the Kolab
3.5 installation, one thing jumps out at me so obvious I can't believe I
missed it.

On Kolab 3.4, when I go to the /iRony URL in a browser, I get prompted
with a basic auth window asking for username and password, with the
text:
'A username and password are being requested by http://192.168.0.145.
The site says: "KolabDAV" '
When I enter my username and password, it works.

However, on Kolab 3.5, I get no such auth box and it jumps right into
error messages listed below.

I also note that if I skip the auth box (with the "cancel" button) on
Kolab 3.4, I get the exact same error as with Kolab 3.5.

So, what seems obvious to me is that iRony on 3.5 is not triggering the
basic authentication box when I hit the /iRony URL.

I still haven't figured out why it's not prompting for my username and
password in the 3.5 case.