posix users "Native tongue"

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at kolab.org
Fri Aug 5 08:19:55 CEST 2016

Hello Klaus,

I did research this just out of interest.

> To achieve login on other systems I guess that I should select Account
> type as POSIX users. But then Native tongue is restricted to a few
> languages (not including Danish).
>
> What is Native tongue used for, and - if necessary, how can I add more
> tongues.

You can change the available languages like this:
Go to settings, select "posix user", go to "attributes", click the
edit symbol for preferredLanguage. Now you see that there are only
some options. You can either add an option there, or alternatively
delete all options. Then the options will be used from database kolab,
table options. This is how it works for the "Kolab User" type. Then
you have options like "danish", "dansk" and "da_DK".
After changing the options, don't forget to click first "Save", and
then "Submit", for the changes to take effect.

The other question is where this information is used.
For Kolab users, I think it determines which language the Kolab
Webadmin uses. I have not tried that yet.
For POSIX users, perhaps the language on the bash/SSH console when
they login? I also have not tried that.

And I found this explanation by Daniel, from some years ago, about
POSIX users: https://lists.kolab.org/pipermail/users/2013-December/016318.html

I hope this helps,
  Timotheus