Can't send to parent domain (attention postfix masters)

Paul Bronson signaldeveloper at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 01:03:23 CEST 2015

Hi guys!

I set up a multi-domain installation of kolab 3.4 on my centos 6 server.
Everything works perfectly except for this..

My server is called:

es1.domain.com

My email address is jdoe at domain.com (same domain at the server) and when
users (on this es1 server) are trying to send me an email, it's looking at
the local transport map to deliver it to that domain, but it's hosted
somewhere else, not on this server. So they get a failed message.

Based on the directions here (
https://docs.kolab.org/howtos/multi-domain.html) how can I turn off looking
at my local parent domain for mailboxes and just deliver it out?

I tried adding in my own concoction:

sender_dependent_relayhost_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relayhost_maps

and post mapped a file stating anything @domain.com needs to go out to
another server, but this seems to be still rejecting it at the transport
map layer and I don't full understand it's LDAP integration yet to make it
work.

I do have all the hosted_duplet and hosted_triplet files as the directions
say, and everything works perfect as far as other domains on the box
emailing each other.

Thanks again!