Free/Busy - how does it work ?

Liutauras Adomaitis adomaitis at kolabsys.com
Thu Sep 3 21:03:27 CEST 2015

On Thursday 03 of September 2015 18:28:06 Geert Janssens wrote:
> On Thursday 03 September 2015 18:19:14 Geert Janssens wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have installed kolab using rpm packages on centos 7. I'm now looking
> > at how to enable the freebusy system.
> >
> > The package kolab-freebusy got installed but from poking around it
> > appears to be only the webinterface part.
> >
> > The kolab documentation seems to talk of a free/busy service/daemon
> > fbdaemon as well and/or setting up a cron job. But I don't find this
> > on my system. And the documentation page is pretty incomplete also.
> >
> > So what's parts am I missing to get free/busy information working ?
> >
> > Thank you for any pointers.
> >
> > Geert Janssens
>
> Partial response to my own question. I found a list post from 2013:
> https://lists.kolab.org/pipermail/users/2013-February/014390.html
>
> Which suggests I need kolab-utils installed which should add a cron job. I
> do have kolab-utils install but the cron job is not part of that package.
>
> So I'm almost there. I just need to figure out what's the currently
> recommended way to start the kolab-freebusyd on Centos 7 ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Geert

Have a look at /etc/kolab-freebusy/config.ini
Recent version of kolab-freebusy is intended to run as a webservice, no need
to have a cronjob. For that you need to have apache (webserver) configured
appropriatly. Default installation ships an example of configuration in
/etc/httpd/conf.d/kolab-freebusy..conf

Liutauras