Free/Busy - how does it work ?

Geert Janssens geert at kobaltwit.be
Thu Sep 3 18:28:06 CEST 2015

On Thursday 03 September 2015 18:19:14 Geert Janssens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed kolab using rpm packages on centos 7. I'm now looking
> at how to enable the freebusy system.
>
> The package kolab-freebusy got installed but from poking around it
> appears to be only the webinterface part.
>
> The kolab documentation seems to talk of a free/busy service/daemon
> fbdaemon as well and/or setting up a cron job. But I don't find this
> on my system. And the documentation page is pretty incomplete also.
>
> So what's parts am I missing to get free/busy information working ?
>
> Thank you for any pointers.
>
> Geert Janssens

Partial response to my own question. I found a list post from 2013:
https://lists.kolab.org/pipermail/users/2013-February/014390.html

Which suggests I need kolab-utils installed which should add a cron job. I do have kolab-utils
install but the cron job is not part of that package.

So I'm almost there. I just need to figure out what's the currently recommended way to start
the kolab-freebusyd on Centos 7 ?

Thanks in advance,

Geert