broken mail account

Jonas Meurer jonas at freesources.org
Wed Oct 21 18:42:53 CEST 2015

Hi again,

Am 2015-10-21 10:32, schrieb Jonas Meurer:
> I'm fiddling around with a broken mail account on a kolab setup. I have
> to admit that I'm not the sole admin of this kolab setup and I don't
> know
> exactly, what the previous admin did.
>
> The problem is, that mail doesn't get delivered to one particular mail
> account. Instead, postfix logs the following error:

Ok, I now believe to have a better understanding of what's going on. It
seems like some admin added aliases (secondary mail addresses) with
values
that are similar to existing primary mail addresses of other accounts to
user accounts.

Result was, that kolab was no longer able to identify to which user
account
the mail address in question belonged.

Also, kolab seems to have changed the primary mail addresses of accounts
with that problem from user.name at ... to user.name2 at ...

I fixed that now by removing all the bogus aliases (secondary email
addresses) from accounts and changing the primary mail addresses back
to their original value.

So one problem remains: two mailboxes do exist now for the accounts in
question: one for user.name at ... and one for user.name2 at ....
Some mails (the very old and the very new ones) are stored in mailbox
for user.name at ... and some in between are stored in user.name2 at ...

Is it possible to merge these mailboxes back into one?

This is still valid:

> root at kolab:~# /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/mbpath user/user.name at example.org
> /var/spool/imap/domain/e/example.org/u/user/user^name
> root at kolab:~# /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/mbpath user/user.name2 at example.org
> /var/spool/imap/domain/e/example.org/u/user/user^name2
>
> root at kolab:~# ls -ald
> /var/spool/imap/domain/e/example.org/u/user/user^name
> drwx------ 18 cyrus mail 4096 Oct 14 17:42
>     /var/spool/imap/domain/e/example.org/u/user/user^name
> root at kolab:~# ls -ald
> /var/spool/imap/domain/e/example.org/u/user/user^name2
> drwx------ 15 cyrus mail 4096 Oct 20 13:56
>     /var/spool/imap/domain/e/example.org/u/user/user^name2

Cheers,
  jonas