Kolab Host, Relaying Email from foreign mail server.

Eric Renfro psi-jack at linux-help.org
Sun Oct 4 23:33:44 CEST 2015

Hello,

I've setup Kolab 3.4 fresh and I have a curious question. Because Kolab's
policy framework, I am having issues trying to setup a mail relay for another
mail exchanger that's not directly involved with my Kolab server.

The foreign mail server is actually an old-school BBS system running
Synchronet, and I have set it up to utilize an stunnel connection to my Kolab
server via submission port. It does attempt (and succeed) to authenticate, but
I get back an error from the mail server regarding policy.

015FB998168: reject: DATA from bbs.foreigndomain.com[xx.xx.xx.xx]: 554 5.7.1
<DATA>: Data command rejected: Sender username at foreigndomain.com is not
allowed to send to recipient username at gmail.com;
from=<username at foreigndomain.com> to=<username at gmail.com> proto=ESMTP
helo=<foreigndomain.com>

I'm seeing very little documentation on how to get policies to allow this
setup. As it is now, I have a Special User setup to authenticate against, and
that part works.

This BBS mailer needs to be able to have full relaying access, upon
authentication preferred, to any destination, provided it comes from domain
foreigndomain.com would be fine since all email will come from only a single
domin name anyway, continuing to enforce some level of policy.

How can I do this?

--
Eric Renfro