Kolab 3.4 - Problem when securing installation

Brady, Mike mike.brady at devnull.net.nz
Tue Nov 24 21:02:39 CET 2015

On 2015-11-25 07:11, Philip Trickett (List) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a clean install of Kolab 3.4 from Timotheus' kolabscripts (just used them to automate the install), installed on CentOS7, which works fine when used after the default install, and data transfer.
>
> I transfer the data from an older installation by cheekily rsyncing the following:
>
> /var/lib/imap
> /var/spool/imap
>
> As well as this I sync the accounts etc from the directory server using the backup script and procedure here:
>
> https://docs.kolab.org/administrator-guide/backup-and-restore.html
>
> After I have done all this, and logged in and tested a couple of accounts to see synced email etc. , I follow the guide here:
>
> https://docs.kolab.org/howtos/secure-kolab-server.html
>
> When I restart the services etc. (I restart the server to make sure), I log into roundcube on https using one of the accounts that I tested before the setup, and the login works fine, but I get an error:
>
> Server Error: STATUS: Mailbox does not exist
>
> I have tried looking through the logs for obvious errors, but nothing stands out.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?
>
> Phil

Hi Phil

I am just working through the same set up/migration method (with
multi-domain just to make it harder) and all that "securing" stuff
should work.

A stab in the dark on a Centos 7 system would be firewalld which doesn't
log packet drops.  If it is running stop it. It is enabled by default,
so a reboot will have restarted it if you had manually stopped it? If
that fixes it I have a script here somewhere that sets up the required
ports.

Mike