Kolab 3.4 CentOS 6 HTTPD Sig Fault

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Mon May 4 17:33:05 CEST 2015

On Mon, 2015-05-04 at 08:50 -0400, Janszen, Josh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having an issue where every week my HTTPD service goes down and
> does not come back up. I am getting the following message in the error
> log
>
> [notice] seg fault or similar nasty error detected in the parent
> process.
>
> I found this link, which looks to be similar to my issue but I do not
> have that location for the PHP file
>
> http://florian.schoengassner.at/sunday-apache-crash-en.html
>
> I have also read it could be an issue with the log rotations, which
> sounds right because there are only two other lines in the log file
> aside from the one above when this issue occurs.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello Josh,

  You are more than likely hitting this bug. I'm nearly positive that
there is an issue in the php kolab module. In any case to verify if this
is the issue. Run 'service httpd graceful' from a root console. If
apache is dead afterwards that is the issue. You need to make sure that
the log rotation script doesn't use graceful reload. You can solve it
one of two ways.

#1) Change the log rotation config to use restart
#2) Modify the initscripts so that calling graceful infact just calls
restart.

--
Nathanael