ptloader segfaults gone in Kolab 3.4?

Jan Kowalsky jankow at datenkollektiv.net
Sat Mar 21 12:58:19 CET 2015

Am 20.03.2015 um 10:08 schrieb Cornelius Hald:
> Thanks, that's actually a file I've created in OBS to get more debug
> output :)
>
> This is the version I'm currently running on my system, but I still get
> the segfaults. Probably the timing is different on your machine...
>
> Cheers,
> Conny
>
> On Thu, 2015-03-19 at 16:20 +0100, Franz Skale wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>> for me, the syslog patch fixed it by now.
>> I think due to the syslog lines, the segfault could be catched by timing
>> issues.
>> It's not a fix, but ptlaoder didn't segfault.
>> Nevertheless you have to patch ldap.c
>> See:
>> https://obs.kolabsys.com/package/view_file/home:connyhald:branches:Kolab:3.3:Updates/cyrus-imapd/ptloader-segfault.patch?expand=1

Hi,

I upgraded a clone of my productive mailserver - but the ptloader errors
still exists. In a plain new installation with only one domain and a
couple of testaccounts everything looks ok - but not in the productive
environment with hundreds of accounts and about 15 domains.

I hadn't had the time to get further in this problem - and I'm afraid
I'll lack of knowledge about cyrus ...

But did you find out more about the reasons of segfault? It seems to be
related to certain conditions of the setup. Otherwise a lot more people
should be affected.

Regards
Jan