Kolab 3.4: Dovecot + Public/shared Folders / Multidomain

Denny Fuchs linuxmail at 4lin.net
Tue Mar 10 15:18:20 CET 2015

hi,

I have installed yesterday Kolab 3.4 with Dovecot as IMAP backend on my Wheey VM and most things I tested, works, but shared folders. I followed (1) but I don't see any folders in Roundcube (OSX Mail.app/Thunderbird not tested) ...

ldapsearch:

# public, Shared Folders, 4lin.net
dn: cn=public,ou=Shared Folders,dc=4lin,dc=net
acl: user at 4lin.net, read-write
acl: user2 at 4lin.net, read-write
cn: public
mail: public at 4lin.net
kolabTargetFolder: shared/public at 4lin.net
objectClass: kolabsharedfolder
objectClass: mailrecipient
objectClass: top
kolabFolderType: mail

On my productive Dovecot I make use of "public" folder with vi edit ACL files, so I don't understand what could be the problem.

with IMAP on a shell, I can see a bit:

40 NAMESPACE
* NAMESPACE (("" "/")) (("Shared Folders/" "/")) NIL

but on the filesystem, I didn't find any "shared folders", like on my productive system....

The next question is:

Can I use the multi domain concept with Dovecot too?

cu denny

(1) http://kolab.org/blog/widder/2014/11/22/howto-use-dovecot-instead-cyrus-kolab-3.2