Kolab + Active Directory

hede kolab983 at der-he.de
Thu Jul 30 16:38:45 CEST 2015

Am Thu, 30 Jul 2015 15:47:13 +0200 schrieb "Dr. Hirn" <drhirn at gmail.com>:

> But yes, I think it makes sense. Just to show some people that there are
> alternatives to using Exchange Server. But that will only work, if i
> manage to connect Kolab to the AD.
> [...] But UCS can be quite expensive if
> you have a large environment. And has a lot of "overhead" I don't need.

I guess Univention offers free evaluation licenses if there is some intent in using UCS.

Second: There's a core edition, free of charge. (I don't know if it's possible to test kolabenterprise with UCS core edition.)

btw: If money is the moving force and alternate solutions must be much cheaper than a currently used (and quite expensive) solution, it will most probably fail. It's a hard job to get a better working solution with much less resources than an existing one.

my 2¢.
hede