Kolab + Active Directory

Dr. Hirn drhirn at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 15:47:13 CEST 2015

Hi,

>> does it makes sense to try to integrate Kolab into Active Directory?
>
> That depends on whether you think it makes sense to use Active Directory at
> all ;)

Haha, ok :)
But yes, I think it makes sense. Just to show some people that there are
alternatives to using Exchange Server. But that will only work, if i
manage to connect Kolab to the AD.

> The easiest way is certainly to use UCS as a platform. They do Active
> Directory integration out of the box.

I know. And I expected this answer. But UCS can be quite expensive if
you have a large environment. And has a lot of "overhead" I don't need.

> Otherwise you could try to sync the 389 directory server with your AD.

Do you have any hints on how to do this?

Thank you very much
Stefan