roundcubemail incompatible with php-5.6

Thomas Spuhler thomas.spuhler at btspuhler.com
Tue Jan 27 23:50:58 CET 2015

On Thursday, January 15, 2015 07:47:18 PM Aleksander Machniak wrote:
> On 01/15/2015 07:42 PM, Thomas Spuhler wrote:
> > Thanks a lot for the reply. This makes sense why I cannot login in
> > roundcube anymore. I will post this on our Mageia developer ml.
>
> This parameter is not required, so this is most likely not an issue.
> In PHP 5.6 ssl default settings have been changed. So, maybe you need
> to set imap_conn_options in Roundcube config. However, I'd expect an
> error in Rundcube log in such a case.

I found the solution:
in php.ini
change (or wherever the cert is)

[openssl]
; The location of a Certificate Authority (CA) file on the local filesystem
; to use when verifying the identity of SSL/TLS peers. Most users should
; not specify a value for this directive as PHP will attempt to use the
; OS-managed cert stores in its absence. If specified, this value may still
; be overridden on a per-stream basis via the "cafile" SSL stream context
; option.
openssl.cafile = /etc/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
; If openssl.cafile is not specified or if the CA file is not found, the
; directory pointed to by openssl.capath is searched for a suitable
; certificate. This value must be a correctly hashed certificate directory.
; Most users should not specify a value for this directive as PHP will
; attempt to use the OS-managed cert stores in its absence. If specified,
; this value may still be overridden on a per-stream basis via the "capath"
; SSL stream context option.
;openssl.capath=

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler

All of my e-mails have a valid digital signature
ID 60114E63