ldap filter for kolab-saslauthd

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at kolab.org
Thu Jan 22 09:38:09 CET 2015

Hello Henning,

the authentication happens now in pykolab.auth.

I have something where we want to store the last login date, and I have
modified pykolab/auth/ldap/__init__.py for that:
https://github.com/TBits/KolabScripts/blob/master/kolab/patches/lastLoginTBitsAttribute-pykolab.patch

This gives me the idea: please try to modify /etc/kolab/kolab.conf,
kolab_user_filter in section ldap.
the comment says:
; The base DN, scope and filter to use when searching for users of the
'kolab'
; type. This filter is preferred when searching for Kolab users
specifically,
; such as in the synchronisation between LDAP and IMAP. Also, it is
; (preferrably) only Kolab users that are allowed to login, use the SMTP
server,
; etc.
;
; Note that all user_* settings are valid, and those not available with
a kolab_
; prefix fall back to using the generic user_* equivalent setting.
kolab_user_base_dn = ou=People,%(base_dn)s
kolab_user_filter = (objectclass=kolabinetorgperson)

I hope this helps,
   Timotheus